RSS

Medication

This post did not publish on time for some reason. This is about two weeks old, sorry!

I apologize for lack of posts. We have been so busy around here. Between me, who keeps getting sick, to friends who visited from out-of-state, to planning a trip back home to Indiana. It's been crazy!

Well, I thought an update was in order. I have two job interviews today, which are the first since moving here six months ago! I finally finished unpacking, which opened up much more space. The pets seem to be doing well. And I'm heading to Indiana April 1st-7th to visit friends and family. I truly miss them all more than I thought I would!

Today, I wanted to talk a little about medications. Not everyone who has suffered such a loss as we have need medication. However, some do. This is a hard thing to go through. It's lonely. It's sad. It hurts. It's overwhelming. Medication is okay. Do not be ashamed if you feel you need to get on something.


I admit, I'm on two anti-depressants right now. I've been on them a month. My mood has changed a bit all ready. Granted, one is causing a jittery side effect, but we are hoping it will work itself out. If not, we will try something else. My point though, is that it's perfectly fine if you need medications after a loss. It does not mean you are 'messed up' or that you have to take them the rest of your lives. Sometimes after such a big loss, you can get on medication for a year, then ween off and be fine.

There is nothing to be ashamed about. Some people think medication is 'bad'. I don't understand that. Sure you are welcome to try herbs or other natural remedies. Go right ahead and try those first. They didn't work for me. I still felt like I couldn't get out of bed, and I still broke down in the middle of the day.

If you ever have questions, do ask in my comment section (near the date and title of the post, there is 'Comments', then a number. Click the number to comment. - I'm looking into making that easier. You can do it anonymously so nobody knows.

UPDATE: I am now working at Outback.
UPDATE: I am now working at Joann Fabric and left Outback.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts or questions!