RSS

Happy Valentine's Day

Another idea I came up with for Taylor's first birthday, is for her Uncle Kosher to write her a letter. He is doing so and will send it sometime once he stops forgetting. Yes, that is a slight hint to Uncle Kosher.

So be expected a wonderful birthday post to her on March 2nd.

In the meantime, Happy Valentine's Day/Single Awareness Day! Whichever you prefer. Last night was wonderful. Dill and I headed downtown for the second time since moving and enjoyed a beautiful, yet cold, walk along the Battery. 


Also known as 'Rainbow Row'
Charleston, SC
Then we headed over to a cute dessert restaurant where we indulged in drinks and a deliciously warm brownie with ice cream.


Kaminsky's Most Excellent Cafe
Brownie Sunday
 I loved the experience so much, I even bought a pecan pie slice to go. Then we saw this guy set up a spot to pain/draw. As we walked by, I was astounded.

If I had cash on me, I would have bought it unfinished right there. It was gorgeous. It's funny - the things that make me think of Tay. This was a gorgeous and slightly abstract drawing of a horse-drawn carriage. The horse was white while the buildings behind and around it were purple and pink hues. I could imagine me placing this in her nursery for her to grow up with. It just represented so many things. It represented the beauty of the area we now live in. The beauty of life through the horse. This was a street artist who had magnificent talent, and I really wish we had cash. I'm not sure I'll ever forget that painting. I hope it goes to a good home.


Similar in style to Van Gogh's Starry Night,
but of a horse drawn carriage, and in purple and pink hues.


Well, what did you do for Valentine's?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts or questions!