RSS

Minor Changes Make a Major Difference

When we lost Taylor, we were living nearly 900 miles from where we are now, in a different state and apartment. Yet, despite this, my brain wants to get sad still and wonder which room room would have been her nursery, what it would look like now, and how life would be different. This is something that is all right to do briefly, but not often. You can wonder, but then you need to be able to keep going. This year, I have been unable to do so. As I was looking around, I was becoming more and more sad.

So I decided to make some changes to lighten my mind. I wanted a change because Tay should be in one of the rooms and things would be different. So I made them different. Dill and I rearranged our living room and sunroom (I feel so fancy saying we have a sunroom, but I swear we are far from rich or fancy!). We still have boxes that need unpacked (Oh yes, I am lazy), so we unpacked a few of them. We didn't add anything new, nor did we take any furniture or decor away. However, the new layout is fresh.

Our 'fresh' layout!


Now I walk in and feel great. For now, my mind is feeling satisfied about the new look. Sure it isn't how things would be if Taylor were here, but it's a wonderful change and it gives my mind something new to focus on for awhile. We still have a ways to go with our apartment, despite it being nearly 5 months, but we are getting there. More work to come today on the second bedroom. I can't wait! I'll try to get before and after pics of the bedroom, considering I wish I could have of the living room. It looks so different!

What do you do when you feel this way? Or just sad?

PS: Dill made me coffee then woke me up! How awesome!
PPS: I was going to add a photo, but apparently I deleted a whole folder of important photos by accident. Yuck. I'll add photos later if I feel up to it. Now time to go sulk in coffee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts or questions!